Bookabucket manages the information that we collect from you in accordance with all applicable privacy legislation of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. In this Policy, Bookabucket means
Bookabucket may modify or update this policy (and update the Bookabucket pages on which they are displayed) at anytime it is required. Bookabucket will notify users upon their next login on the platform.
1. Collection of Your Personal Data
Bookabucket collects data when you sign up for newsletters or pre-register on the Bookabucket platform. This data includes your name, email and location. For the use of the platform, if the below information is not provided to us we may be unable to provide our services to you and deliver on our contractual obligations with you.
1.1. Information we collect directly from you
When you register to use the Bookabucket platform, we collect personal data from you which you provide voluntarily. These data includes:
· Your full name, address, email address, phone number and other contact details
· Your age and gender
· Your valid means of Identification
· Your BVN and account details;
· Your location and the location where you are interested in performing tasks
· Your occupation, work experience, qualifications, education, post tasks, earn money preferences, skillset, interests and other information relevant for your fitness for tasks.
· Your guarantor’s full name, address, phone number and occupation.
We also allow you provide a photo to be associated with your Bookabucket Account. It is your responsibility to update your information on the platform when there are changes to your personal details.
To improve our existing services and to create new service features that are relevant to users, Bookabucket collects information about the way you use our services, including the tasks you request for on the platform, your feedback rating, support requests, the bids you make, the comments you post, and the transactions you enter into with our valued affiliate service providers.
1.2. Information we collect automatically when you use our Services
If you use a location-enabled Bookabucket service, we may collect and process information about your actual location (for example, GPS signals sent by your mobile device). We may also use a range of different technologies to confirm your location.
1.3. Information we obtain from other sources
In addition to your personal and relevant data collected from your submissions and use of the platform as states above, we also receive data from certain third-parties, such as social media sites that you connect to your account (which includes Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and any other site you which you enable from time to time) as well as from identity verification service providers and financial institutions.
1.4. What other Services users can see about you
You are not unknown to us when you log into the Platform or post any content (including tasks, bids, comments, reviews or support requests) on the Services or any associated forum.
your Account ID and all the material that you post is visible to the relevant Bookabucket users. We deeply urge you to use caution and discretion when posting on the platform.
Bookabucket does not in any way control, and does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for, the disclosure or use of personal data which is voluntarily posted by you in a publicly accessible area of the Platform.
2. What We Use Your Personal Data For
Bookabucket may use your personal data which we collect for the following purposes:
A. User Identification and authentication
Legal basis for use: We need to execute this function so as to allow you access the services on the platform.
B. To provide, maintain and protect our Services and to verify the identity of authorised users of the Services.
Legal basis for use: We need to perform this function in order to provide a safe and secure online community for our users and we have legitimate interests in protecting the integrity of the Services we offer.
C. To customise the content on an aggregate basis, to the users for whom it is most likely to be relevant
Legal basis for use: It is in our legitimate interest to provide you with content and advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
D. To improve our services and develop new features
Legal basis for use: it is in our legitimate interests to provide you the best possible services and we require some of your personal data to improve the services we provide to you and develop new service features.
E. Providing your information to a user with whom you have or had an agreement facilitated by Bookabucket
Legal basis for use: We need to use your personal data in this way to provide the services you request.
F. As required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if Bookabucket reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities
Legal basis for use: in such situations, we are required by law to process your personal data.
G. To process the payment of the fees due to Bookabucket
Legal basis for use: We need to use your personal data in this event to fulfill the agreement between you and us.
H. To contact you for communication of information on promotions or upcoming changes or improvements to our services
Legal basis for use: While we may contact you regarding changes in our services because it is in our legitimate interests to keep you informed about service changes that may affect you, We only contact you for marketing purposes with your consent.
I. To contact you for the administration of our Terms and Conditions
Legal basis for use: We may notify you of a breach, or action a request for a take down notice in response to a claim of copyright infringement or any such request.
J. To conduct research
Legal basis for use: We improve the platform through user questionnaires and feedback requests via the platform for the legitimate interest of all users.
K. To develop our relationships with affiliate service providers and provide or arrange internal or external verification services obtained by you via the Services
Legal basis for use: It is in our legitimate interests to engage service providers and verification services.
L. Your contact information may also be used for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes, marketing purposes, by third party service providers to Bookabucket, and to respond to any enquiry you make
Legal basis for use: It is in our legitimate interests to engage service providers to assist us in delivering the services you request.
M. When you contact Bookabucket, we may keep a record of the communication(s) between you and Bookabucket to help in issue resolutions.
Legal basis for use: We retain information when we are required to do so by law and because it is in our legitimate interests to protect our legal rights.
N. Our Services allow you to review your experience dealing with others on the Services, who will in turn leave reviews about you. We compile these reviews to provide an aggregate rating for each user, which will publicly appear along with your profile. Please be aware that others users may rely on this rating when deciding whether to engage with you.
4. How We Share Your Personal Data
Bookabucket may disclose the information We collect from you as follows:
· Service Providers. We share your personal data with third party service providers that provide business, verification, financial, professional or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and the services, or administer activities on our behalf.
· Other Third Parties. We may share your personal data with other third parties who participate in Bookabucket marketing initiatives, as authorised by you, and with consultants, advisors and analytics providers as necessary to measure and improve the services we provide to you.
· Legal Matters & Safety. We may share your personal data to respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted or required by law. We may also share your personal data if we believe there has been a violation of our terms, our rights, or the rights of any third party.
· With Your Permission. We may share your personal data with any other third party with your consent or as necessary to deliver a service you requested.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information we hold about you from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, however we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be protected by any form of encryption (encoding software). In light of this, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security or privacy of your personal information, including payment and account details. You transmit your personal information to us at your own risk. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information.
5. Third Parties
· The Services may contain links to third party websites including the networks of our valued affiliate service providers and Paystack, or make available services obtained from third parties, including verification services by third party verification providers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, for instance Paystack payment system, or use any services obtained from third party service providers via the Services that requires you to provide personal data directly to such third parties (for instance third party verification providers), note that they have their own privacy policies.
· When you register on the Services you may be given the opportunity to consent to receiving updates on our latest services, news and special offers, and those of our valued service providers ("Marketing Material"), via your Bookabucket account, personal e-mail address, post or telephone. If you conclude a transaction on the Platform, you may also be given the opportunity to opt- in to receive Marketing Material from Bookabucket and our valued service providers.
· Once you opt-in to receive Marketing Material, You may, at any time, opt-out of receiving Marketing Material. If you no longer consent to receiving Marketing Material then you must opt-out.
7. Administrative Communications
Bookabucket reserves the right to send you administrative and account-related messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications. If you close down your Bookabucket account, we will cease all communications to you.
8. Your Rights and Choices
We will allow you, at any time, to access, edit, update and/ or delete the personal data that we hold about you or to receive a copy of it in a portable format by contacting us through the support feature on the platform. Where we process your personal data with your consent, you may withdraw it at any time. You also have a right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or These rights may be limited in some circumstances, for example, if:
· We are legally permitted or required to deny you access to, and/ or to retain, the information because we are subject to a legal requirement or have a compelling legitimate interest; or
· You make a request that is unreasonably repetitive, requires Bookabucket to make a disproportionate effort, risks the privacy of others, or there are other valid reasons why we cannot comply.
We need to prevent information in our systems from being accidentally or maliciously destroyed. This means that, where you delete information from our services, residual copies of that information on our active servers, as well as any corresponding information on our back-up systems, may not be immediately deleted.
If you have concerns about how we handle your personal information or require further information, please email Bookabucket using the contact form provided on the Platform.
We retain your personal data for as long as is necessary with regard to the purposes for which it was collected or lawfully further processed, or for as long as may be necessary in light of our legal obligations or in order to allow us to pursue, defend or exercise legal claims.
10. Contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy or about the manner in which we process your personal data, please contact us: using the contact form provided on the Platform.